Chronology Military Affairs Parks on bastions Passages of the bastions Home

On September 23, 1940, the communists removed the memorial next to Reaalkool school dedicated to the teachers and students fallen during the War of Independence. The monument was re-erected in 1941 after the German invasion of Tallinn, but destroyed seven years later. It was restored once again in 1993 (sculptor V. Mets, architect R. Heiduk).