Chronology Military Affairs Parks on bastions Passages of the bastions Home
In 1920, the sculpture “Linda” by August Weizenberg was opened on the Swedish bastion.

Although the park had been opened already in 1862, it was only developing into a strolling area loved by the citizens. A sandbox was built for the children and a shelter where the city library established its lending point for summer. The Swedish bastion was renamed as Lindamägi (Linda’s Hill) in 1939. The park became a nature protection area in 1959.

In 1932, open-air cafeteria was opened on the Harju Hill green.

Although Harju Hill had become highly popular among the citizens in late 19th century, it somewhat lost its appeal during the First World War. The decaying buildings lay in ruins for some ten years until the city government sold them for demolition in 1928.

In 1936, the Estonian Horticultural Society gave the park in front of Lindamägi to the city for general public use.